Search the forum,

Discuss large format tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groucho

Hi again all, just a quick one Bathroom shower walls to be tiled. tile size is 450 x 320 ( ceramic) I presume I should be using an 8mm trowel? Also bloke at topps gave the customer Bal grip Is this ok? Might of played safe with a cementitious adhesive. bloke was putting a finish on the walls. I remarked we need to wait a couple of weeks then. He laughed and said 2 days, customer wants it done quickly. So I have put them off for ten days. Was I right???

G

guy1976

should be using bagged gear for that size tile,for the plaster if its only finnish hes putting on it should be ready in about 4 days but make sure you prime first

D

DHTiling

bal white star beter for b/rooms. depending on thickness of tile u might be better using a spf adhesive and prime walls first as cementious adhesives react with plaster...

G

groucho

tiles are 8mm thick. 8mm trowel?? they also supplied them with Bal microcolour grout which looks ok. never used fast set grout before though. awful not being in control of the products to use. Still topps made a few quid I guess

G

groucho

Never knew that cementitious gear reacts like that with plaster. I have got mosaicfix for a job tomorrow. Walls were plastered but did have tiles on them . So should I still prime the walls just to be sure ? Bal sbr ?

D

DHTiling

if u use sbr to prime on plaster then dilute to ratio of 4 partrs water to 1 part sbr...

G

GazTech

tiles are 8mm thick. 8mm trowel?? they also supplied them with Bal microcolour grout which looks ok. never used fast set grout before though. awful not being in control of the products to use. Still topps made a few quid I guess
Microcolour grout is not fast set,

M

McP77

British Standards states that plaster should not be tiled on for at least four weeks.

D

Dave-T

daves standards state that you should just not bloody plaster the walls in the first place. lol

Reply to large format tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen