Search the forum,

Discuss Large Floor - Advice on Expansion Joints needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Whooshman

I need expansion joints then. Back to my original plan/problem: My thoughts were to put Expansion Joints in the following areas:

1. At the toilet door
  2. Between the main hall and the walkway
  3. At the door to the utility room
  4. Between the walkway and the dining room
  5. Between the walkway and the conservatory
How does this seem to you? Would I need extra in the dining/conservatory areas? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

W

White Room

Might worth showing us where the block walls are...don't see why you need an expansion joint in the door ways with stud work.

W

Whooshman

Might worth showing us where the block walls are...don't see why you need an expansion joint in the door ways with stud work.
so if the walls are stud I would only need expansion joints at

1. Between the main hall and the walkway
  2. Between the walkway and the dining room
  3. Between the walkway and the conservatory

S

SJPurdy

You definitely need movement joints over the change in substrate (concrete to wood, even if Ditra is used) so into dining room and conservatory from the walkway.

For the rest a more accurate to scale drawing would be useful. I suspect the length of walkway and utility is greater than 10m so a movement joint may be required in the utility doorway for this reason.

W

Whooshman

The drawing is pretty much to scale BUT the carpet will be around 4sqm - this takes the length of the walkway/utility to around 14m long

Reply to Large Floor - Advice on Expansion Joints needed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen