Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Lancashire school of plastering and tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dean39

I went on that course and it was pete who was the tutor,the course was only 3 days and cost me £320........now it was just the basics we were taught and to be honest it gave me confidence to persue a career in tiling............since then i found the tiling forum from which ive gained a considerable amount of knowledge from posts etc...........these type of courses are all the same and will give you an idea if your cut out for tiling or not............

G

GazTech

I have recently spent some time with the guys from LSP, and am going to commit to a programme to help fine tune things, they now have a new tiling trainer, and with the plastering side they wish to put the mistakes of past trainers behind them and earn a better reputation. Tiling trainer Rick, was brought up with his fathers business, plastering and tiling. I have seen them in operation and they things are moving on very nicely. I will keep people informed on the progress.....Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fekin

I might consider them for a plastering course then if Gaz has lent a helping hand sorting them out :thumbsup:

G

GazTech

I might consider them for a plastering course then if Gaz has lent a helping hand sorting them out :thumbsup:
Adam, its an on going thing, BAL have been invited to help develop the training side and myself and Vince will be doing this over the next 6 months. Jeff the director and his staff are well prepared to make this centre one to totally trust, and plans for expansion will be a consideration......Gaz

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Adam, its an on going thing, BAL have been invited to help develop the training side and myself and Vince will be doing this over the next 6 months. Jeff the director and his staff are well prepared to make this centre one to totally trust, and plans for expansion will be a consideration......Gaz

They signed up as a Franchise?

G

GazTech

UPDATE
LSP declined Bal's offer of support at the last minute. This was a great disappointment to me as I was looking forward to helping out. I do of course wish them the best in their future.....Gaz

T

tenchu101

Hey guys

I did the Tiling course on the 12th Jan with my mate after I got made redundant from my last job just before christmas.

They are on Redcar industrial estate in new premises. The guy who teaches the course now is called Alan Crossman who is a full time tiler in lancaster too.

I found him and the course very good, I have never picked a tile up before I went there and true, it's only 4 days long but I found you learned an awful lot in them 4 days.

Day 1 is tool introduction (cutters, snippers, wet saws, grouts, adhesives etc) and starting to prep the walls with base lines, then started to bow the windows in.

Day 2 was doing different types of patterns - diamond, brickwork, etc.

Day 3 grouting and cutting the tiles to fit round pipe work, toilet, sinks etc.

Day 4 floor tiling.

Reply to Lancashire school of plastering and tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks