Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Splashbacks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

What would yo charge for 3.2 sm of kitchen splashback. shall i charge day rate. should take 1 full day and goin back to grout the next day.

I was thinking around the £150 mark

T

tysfoot

is that what you would charge for this job then. thing is i work part time now cos its gone slow cos the time of year so i can only put half days in

G

grumpygrouter

Has to be day rate for this sort of job. 2 half days make a day, no problem!

Grumpy

F

Fekin

Sounds good, depends on what you are cutting round as well.
If it's just a couple of sockets then you'll fit it in 2 half days easy, or if you have a window and 5 or 6 sockets then depending on your speed you might struggle, just see how you go.

C

CptPugWash

£150 cash ......... n would say throwing in adhesive for free...makes it sound good then

T

tysfoot

ive charged £120 plus mats. I got the job before i quoted so i didnt want to take the p**s.

Question: they have bought kitchen sealant trim for the bottom of the tiles but i dont like and and havent seen it much, shall i suggest not to nstall it cos i think silicone looks better. What would you do

P

penno

ive charged £120 plus mats. I got the job before i quoted so i didnt want to take the p**s.

Question: they have bought kitchen sealant trim for the bottom of the tiles but i dont like and and havent seen it much, shall i suggest not to nstall it cos i think silicone looks better. What would you do

Don't like them myself and always advise my customers not to have one. Find they are dirt magnets, silicone looks much better.

P.S. by asking for the amount you said at first you are not taking the ****, 120 is to cheap

T

tysfoot

the reason why iam that cheap is because i explain to the customer i also work part time so i can only put part time days on to the job. so i dont want to overcharge for the time its gonna take.

Back to the other question, ill tell the customer to take it back as it does look tacky
----
just another question about splashbacks.... Ive always used at least half cuts or 3/4 cuts for the bottom tile and always use a battern but i do think it does slow me down a little. What do you use for your first row ?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

the reason why iam that cheap is because i explain to the customer i also work part time so i can only put part time days on to the job. so i dont want to overcharge for the time its gonna take.

Back to the other question, ill tell the customer to take it back as it does look tacky
----
just another question about splashbacks.... Ive always used at least half cuts or 3/4 cuts for the bottom tile and always use a battern but i do think it does slow me down a little. What do you use for your first row ?
A full tile off the worktop every time t/foot, lose the cut tile under units and cut to the profile of the cabinets......Gaz

T

tysfoot

whats happens if the kitchen worktop isnt level and is off a few mil from one side to the other. So do you never use a battern for kitchens then

wayne

TF
Reaction score
if its only a few mm you will never notice it unless walls are fully tiled. i never cut the bottom row of tiles. its a waste of time

T

tysfoot

ill start with a full tile tomos then, ill take a few pics and put em in the gallery

Reply to Kitchen Splashbacks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen