Discuss kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rossy

hi guys what would you charge on average for kitchen 6sq m 5 sockets one window with trim round all edges i do a lot of kitchens and since xmas customers are looking at me gone out when i quote price just checking what you would charge ill say what ive been quoteing when i get a few quotes.. labour only.....

D

david campbell

£150 maybe more depending if there is a huge demand foe tilers in your area :8:

F

faithhealer

Just done one for that price but got caught out a little with wonky window and wavey edge tiles, cutomer didn't like the way the grout lines didn't quite line up, duh!!!

P

Prem Tiler

normally bout 180 labour only but in current market maybe 140 to get it.

if you and many others do it for 140 then there will be others that will do it for 120 then you will have to drop to 100 to get it. any one see where i'm going?

of course its every man to him self but before you know it your working for peanuts.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i really wish i could get my normal prices at this time. FACT i cannot.ive done 9 quotes since xmas losing every single one and this is all down to prices i know it is.people are dropping there prices its as simple as that and going in with my normal pricing will not pay my mortgage,,feed the family etc etc. 140 is not peanuts for a days work its simply dropping to go with the current market to keep myself going,,,now thats sensible whats not sensible is charging last years rates and getting no work because the market has changed.

R

rossy

ive been going in at 180 to 200 and giving mats at cost never get many knock backs but customers now want you to work for nowt ..

P

Prem Tiler

i really wish i could get my normal prices at this time. FACT i cannot.ive done 9 quotes since xmas losing every single one and this is all down to prices i know it is.people are dropping there prices its as simple as that and going in with my normal pricing will not pay my mortgage,,feed the family etc etc. 140 is not peanuts for a days work its simply dropping to go with the current market to keep myself going,,,now thats sensible whats not sensible is charging last years rates and getting no work because the market has changed.

I totally agree doode. I wasn't judging you just making a point. when I started out for my self I was happy to work for the shell's the peanuts came in. at the end of the day money pays mortgages pride dont. but its true it will drive the market down but as long as your working thats whats important.

G

garretridge

i did splashback last week wavy coloured tiles 5sq mtr charged £165 with materials day and half work not what we are used to earning but better than sitting at homeI quoted him £180 he tryed to get me to do it for 150 but we all have are limits £165 was mine!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi prem sorry i didnt mean to sound like i tossed my rattle oot the pram there lol,just sayin unfortunately its the way its going,nowt i can do about it,anyways happy days:punk:

D

doug boardley

gulp............. I'm looking expensive, anything over 3.5m2 for kitchen splashbacks is a minimum of £300 + mats from me, 'cos essentially it's 2 days labour

Reply to kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley