Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul

Hi everyone

Just looking for some advice on a kitchen spalshback job im doing on saturday for a mate of mine

He,s got a Fairly new apartment (2 yrs old) with no Tiles above his worktop just a plinth (plastic edging) from the worktop up about 4" high that runs all the way round the kitchen

He wants me to tile above this but the tiles he,s bought are thinner than the plinth obviously im concerned that the tiles wont sit flush on the wall as there,s quite a bit of difference

Ive thought of packing it out but will this be much harder to do ?

Ive asked him if he wants this plinth to stay as ive thought of starting afresh and getting rid of it he never said no but was a bit reluctant

Also i put the level on the plinth and its slightly out !!

Just wondered if anyone else had any other tips and could help me out with this one

Thanks to everyone in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I'm not really in a position to advise, but would've thought it'd look crap with the plinth, especially as it's running out!?!

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay