Discuss kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sambilly

Hi everyone, went to look at a straight forward job today, 3rd job i,ve done, kitchen splashback, U shaped kitchen 4.5m2 of reasonably hassle free easy money, I thought. Checked the worktops to see if they where level, i think Stevie Wonder was the fitter, all over the place, no way i could come of them, then the window reveal was about 120mm above the work top, the customers got 100x100 tiles, leaving unsightly gaps if i try to put them on centrally, would look awful given that the worktops are like bananas, is it worth placing a baton, say 60mm above the worktops highest point and working up, then filling in later from the worktop with half a tile, give us your thoughts fella,s

W

White Room

I would bring the window cill up with plasterboard (dot and dab) then find the lowest point on the work tops (if there that bad) place a tile and mark then level from that point and take it round the whole work top area and do my cuts first, Hope this helps

S

sambilly

cheers whitebeam for that, take your point mate the thing that i did'nt mention was that the sill is upvc and that the customer insists he wants to keep it, so i was just trying to find a way around it, maybe just have to tell the customer, it won't look too good as it is, or the sill gets it!!! end of the day its up to him I can only advise.

W

White Room

You can allways bring the level line down because you have a lot of cutting on the work tops if there so far out

Reply to kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley