Discuss Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Woody123

Hello all

havn't posted in a while now but ive hit a bit of a stumbling block. My dad wants me to tile his kithen splashback (which is not the problem) but the problem that i see me having is behind his cooker he has a stainless steel splashback. Whilst i know you can't tile over this how would i go about getting this off as it seems it goes behind the cabinets in places and if i have to start taking cabinets off the wall i wonder if it will be worth it! Has anyone had to take one of theese splash backs off before or not or am i wrrying about nothing? the cooker sits on an angle so its a false wall that has been built and he said that its just attatched by ply or something? Hope people understand what i mean.......

Thanks for the comments.

Chris:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Is it deffo behind the units..?....not normal practise to do this...if it slides out then all the better...

W

Woody123

I would have to double check but it appears to be behind the units.

Fred i will have to wait till i go over my dads to take a pick mate.

I will double check next time im over. He doesn't want me to do it for another month or so, so no rush. when i have more info i will post again.

Cheers for the responses anyway lads.

B

brian c

These are usually stainless steel and can be a nightmare to cut (thats if you need to cut):mad2:

Reply to Kitchen splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay