Discuss Is this bad tiling or are we being too picky? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
We’ve just had our bathroom finished yesterday and we are really disappointed with the finish of the tiling.
I’ve attached pictures but basically the grout is missing/incompletely in some places, the joins in the tiles are completely uneven/not level in multiple places, metal beading is wonky/bent and I have no idea what has been done inside of the window sill. I don’t think any of this is normal, particularly the wonky joins and inside of the window sill.
Plus a number of tiles are running with the pattern in the wrong direction to the others and so stand out like a sore thumb.
We have spoken to the tiler and he has told us that it was beyond his control to get the tiles anymore level because tiles aren’t all the same size unless you spend approx £75+ a square metre on tiles (which sounds like a lot of money for most households?). For reference, we spent £25 a sq metre on tile.
He is coming to turn around the tiles that are running the wrong way but I’m surprised he doesn’t think that his work is poor. He’s been quite argumentative and has said that we’ve basically not spent enough on our tiles to expect a decent job? Also, the shower door doesn’t close properly but that’s another story. The whole thing just feels disappointing and I would not say that this is the work of a “tiler” by any stretch.
Any ideas on what we can do as he has refused to remedy our concerns except for the tiles running the wrong way?

76B3FF49-ED74-4B54-9830-94589AEEC357.jpeg

5790AFA9-2769-4593-A0D0-834824F34ABB.jpeg

E256883A-1C2D-467C-A43D-799BEE7C26A1.jpeg

BAB822D5-D83E-4E6A-9CE0-ECB8BEFD2142.jpeg

0E76D9A5-4EAD-4699-B415-1094746F17AC.jpeg

4D706127-CB33-42E4-B991-5AAC2A50DAC7.jpeg

02D1711D-29AA-4E8B-AD02-9EA1378DED8B.jpeg

8CAF028D-FFED-405B-BC14-7F97D0B5A238.jpeg

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
There are a few bits that could be neater and yes the wrong grain directions need changing. Internal corners should be siliconed and not grouted.
can you post pics further back. ? , so we can get an overall look.

finlay

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It doesn’t look great the tiles the wrong way round is bad anyone with any pride about there job would never put them on . It basically shoddy not the worst we’ve seen on here but should be put right .

Reply to Is this bad tiling or are we being too picky? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks