Search the forum,

Discuss Internal PVC cladding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
Howdy

I've always avoided this stuff like the plague, being a tiler and all, but a builder I do a lot of work for wants me to install some in a bathroom.

Never having done so I'm looking for a quick heads up if anyone's used it.

The existing tiles are to remain on, so the cladding will go straight on top of them, I presume using silicone. My first thought was, do you use silicone to fix the internal corner profiles too or do they need mechanical fixing?

Any other tips advice, thoughts would be hugely appreciated (before my hard earned reputation goes south), ta

M

mikethetile

mechanicly fix the corner trims. leave an expansion gap at end of board, usually 10mm but check with manufacturer

D

Deleted member 9966

a bloke I work with had this stuff fitted in his bathroom because his wife wanted it. he figured out that it was actually more expensive than having the same area tiled :yikes:

show the builder some tile samples and see if you can sway him :thumbsup:

T

Tecnik2000

I've used this stuff on a ceiling in a sweaty shower room as all the ceiling was peeling. I used a 2 x 1 frame, flat fixed across the joists to get the fixings where I wanted them. all the trims have an off set flange to get a no 6 screw nicely flush. Also the boards have a fixing flange on the groove side. Fixed at 300mm on the ceiling trim then 600mm across the board lengths to stop sag & bounce.. ( though no one will ever touch the ceiling I doubt)..It looked good in a cloudy off white finish. On a wall I guess the silicon dabs would be goo on a tightish fit to the wall & vertical trims,internal & external should be screwed. Start the boards with the tongue end inserted first. ( Don't forget to cut it to avoid a small rip opposite end ) Hope it helps...

Reply to Internal PVC cladding in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen