Search the forum,

Discuss Initial temperature ramp up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mrkbutty

Hi all,
I've just had UFH installed. The store I bought it in said I should ramp up the heating each day for a week 1 degree at a time up to the maximum, then cool it down and it should be fine from that point onwards.

Thing is I've not been able to find any documentation to back this up? Also with current ambient temp's running around 20~22C it's difficult to know where to start? Also whats the recommended maximum I go to?

F

faithhealer

The store is right about ramping up, see what you mean about high temps at present! As long as it was tested when it was laid I can't see a problem wether the heating kicks in or not as you increase the temp.

D

DHTiling

THere will be a commission time as well before you can turn it on..usually around 7 to 14 days depending upon adhesive and ufh used...then you turn it on at 2 degress above it's lowest setting then 2 degress a day till upto the required temp....The reason bieng the ufh heat doesn't shock the adhesive etc and cause an installation failure..

If in any doubts witht he instructions you have then phone the technical lines for the ufh and adhesive company..

T

Time's Ran Out

Mr Butty - There are maximum temperatures for UFH depending on which system it is ie -Devi/Thermonet etc and they are governed by whether you have a solid concrete floor or a wooden sub floor. However it is generally accepted that the maximum temperature be 27-29 degrees.

Timeless John.

B

bert&ernie

Hi all,
I've just had UFH installed. The store I bought it in said I should ramp up the heating each day for a week 1 degree at a time up to the maximum, then cool it down and it should be fine from that point onwards.

Thing is I've not been able to find any documentation to back this up? Also with current ambient temp's running around 20~22C it's difficult to know where to start? Also whats the recommended maximum I go to?

The maximum Temp will depend on the thermostat but the AUBE TH132 AF has a maximum floor temp setting of 40C.

Ramping up the heating and also leaving it for a max of 28 days prior to switching on is nothing to do with the UFH it is as mentioned earlier, to do with the adhesive and ensuring that no failures occur.

1 degree per day is a little over cautious and you will be fine with 2-3 degrees/day

Reply to Initial temperature ramp up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen