Currently reading:
How to deal with uneven walls

Discuss How to deal with uneven walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

falkirktiler

I went along to Glasgow (30 miles) on Saturday morning to tile my wifes bosses bathroom, only to find the the wall (plasterboard), had a big belly in the middle resulting in a variation of over 50 mm in total and he was surprised to learn that I couldn't / wouldn't tile on it. The explanation was that my job was the one that everyone who saw it would judge and so judge me to be a crap tiler and I wasn't prepared to have a reputation like that just because he was my wifes boss.

How can I fix it then?, was the question

You'll have to get a plasterer in to even up the wall, was the answer

Can't you do it ?

No , I,m a tiler, you need a plasterer

but make sure the plasterer knows the problem, and does actually sort out the wall, and doesn't just through a skim over the wall, take the money and run while not actually fixing it!!, I told him

Thanks for that mate he says , thanks for being honest and not ripping me off!!

CHUFFED:yes:

C

charlie1

plaster walls with rapid set (all the low points) then use your 1800 feather edge from the bottom of the wall and pull it horazontally up the wall, this will shave off all the high points of f your rapid set. It doesnt need to be perfect as long as it is reanonably straight.

I've done a job about 4 months ago and i have saved the pics in members photo section (saved under woody 1) long story.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to How to deal with uneven walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.