Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss How much for materials? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

williamraff

Hi all, my apologies if this is the wrong area to post but could anyone please advise if the following prices for Mapei products are competitive.
I am looking to tile 20M2 ceramic onto Aquapanel and 5M2 traverine on to 18mm WBP.

Mapei suggest 4 x Keraflex Maxi for the walls,
1 x Keraquick and 1 x latex plus for the floor
and 3 x bags of grout.

I have been quoted £138.00 inc vat - does this sound reasonable?

Many thanks,Will :thumbsup:.

M

mikethetile

we cant give you a price as we all pay according to the amount we buy regularily

phone your local tilegiant and they will give you a price

W

williamraff

Hi all, no I am not a professional tiler and I do not have a trade account. I am however, a Building Surveyor and negotiated a discount on that basis.
Cheers,Will :thumbsup:.

Sorry, forgot to mention - Tile Giant quoted me £228.00 for the same products.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

huckin

if tile giant quoted £228 and you can get it for £138 stop bein a tight *** and wasting peoples time

D

DHTiling

if tile giant quoted £228 and you can get it for £138 stop bein a tight *** and wasting peoples time

I suggest you read these>>>> Forum Rules

He is entitled to ask any question he likes and if you think it is time wasting then the answer is to not reply..

D

DHTiling

Hi all, no I am not a professional tiler and I do not have a trade account. I am however, a Building Surveyor and negotiated a discount on that basis.
Cheers,Will :thumbsup:.

Sorry, forgot to mention - Tile Giant quoted me £228.00 for the same products.

Retail prices are always higher than trade..

Go with your first quote and you will be getting a good deal.

W

williamraff

Thank you Dave for your swift and eloquent response.

I must admit I was not expecting such a derogatory response from a fellow forum member to a genuine and innocently asked question.

I became aware of the higher price after I had been quoted the lower price and have subsequently ordered the materials from the original supplier.

My question was posted in advance of having this later information.

I dont mind being called a "Tight ***" ; if that is what I am guilty of then I would imagine we are all "Tight Asse's" given the current economic climate.

I will not however, accept the term "Time Waster" as I did not directly ask any individual to respond to my question or to expend their own valuable time providing comment.

If "Huckin" has nothing better to do than make churlish snipes at other members expense, then I would suggest that he is the one wishing to waste peoples time and not I!

Kind regards,Will.

D

DHTiling

No probs.. please do let us know how the tiling job goes and maybe pop back with some pics for us.. we love pics..

And just to add our regular members do not treat new comers like this, so do not be put off my one members crass remarks.:thumbsup:

W

williamraff

Thanks Dave, I most certainly will. I have loads of photos of the works prior to and during preparation and look forward to showing the finished product. I even have a video or two of the devastation.

What I can say in advance of completion is that this will be twice the job it would have been had I not joined this forum.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,Will:thumbsup:.

D

DHTiling

We look forward to the pics and even better the vids..:thumbsup:

p.s don't mix em up with the home ones..:lol:

S

Scott

lol Dave!

Stick around Will. While i dont always agree with building surveyors i liked a post you made earlier in a different thread. I think you could be a valuble member to this forum :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Will, the TF is a very friendly, helpful site. Sorry you had a bad response:thumbsup:

W

williamraff

Thanks for your kind words but it is not a problem, I am a Project Manager for NHS refurbishment and maintenance works so I have broad shoulders! :thumbsup:.

Reply to How much for materials? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks