Discuss Hopefully a solution? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance for any help with my problem.

Just moved into a old house and as some members of family are older I decided to lower the shower tray which sat on a raised platform and replace with a low profile 40mm tray.

No issues installing and plumbing the tray but the black marble effect PVC boards did not sit all the way to the floor now leaving a gap of 20cms.

I did not want to replace the boards due to the plumbing/thermo valve etc so looking at options to fill the gap with tiles but probably needs a small step down to the shower tray.

Has anyone done this before or can offer any solution please?

Reply to Hopefully a solution? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

• Question
I recently installed a new ensuite walk in shower using Abacus Single Fall tray former. I had to build a timber raised platform to sit on the concrete floor (in a flat). I topped with 18mm chipboard and then bedded it down (sorta) using flexible adhesive. The tray former got bedded down ontop...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Thanks for the welcome. I have a problem with cracked grout in our en-suite shower, which is within the dormer of a chalet style bungalow, so a timber wall construction. Shower area has hardiebacker board fixed through 50mm overdrawn Celotex using turbo gold screws. 10mm porcelain tiles fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the 1st floor with a wet room but disaster hit on day 3 after coming back from work i found a large amount of problems floor replaced with loft board and screwed down with plaster board screws waste went...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, am new here, I’m a homeowner looking for advice on fixing what appears to be a botched bathroom refit approx 3 years ago (single contractor did the lot singlehandedly, walls & floor retiled and new suite) with multiple issues. Issues became apparent with crumbling grout, I didn’t...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have some damaged plasterboard in a bathroom that needs repairing prior to being tiled. I have decided not to replace the plasterboard (due to the wall being Paramount partition board) and I don't plan to overboard it either (due to the bathroom being very tight on space). Photos are attached...
Replies
Views
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum