Search the forum,

Discuss Herringbone Pattern in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Just started my first ever herringbone tiling pattern. Can't be worse than an elongated diamond pattern, I thought. How wrong could I be? First morning, laid out pattern on floor, measured dimensions of pattern, then spent half a day working out how to make it work floor to ceiling (wood beamed ceilings). Plus all the pipe work was between ground level and 800mm making a clean first row almost impossible. 5 square metres in 1 1/2 days. That's as slow as Victorian geometrics!

How does everyone else find these herring bones? The tiles I am using are 400 x 65mm.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just started my first ever herringbone tiling pattern. Can't be worse than an elongated diamond pattern, I thought. How wrong could I be? First morning, laid out pattern on floor, measured dimensions of pattern, then spent half a day working out how to make it work floor to ceiling (wood beamed ceilings). Plus all the pipe work was between ground level and 800mm making a clean first row almost impossible. 5 square metres in 1 1/2 days. That's as slow as Victorian geometrics!

How does everyone else find these herring bones? The tiles I am using are 400 x 65mm.

Pop some pics up, be intrested to see how ya getting on. I've got a small herring bone job coming up so might get some tips off ya.

Reply to Herringbone Pattern in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen