Search the forum,

Discuss Help with self leveling 100m2 floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peter241

Hi every-one, sory i havent been on for a while, ive been up to my eyes in work. (its about time) LOL.

Any way i have a job comin up 900m2, 3 of the rooms require self leveling. (100m2) i havent attempted this amount of leveling before and was looking for some advice.

I normaly use a 20 kg bag of multiflow screed for leveling.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to tackle this project?

Do i use the 20kg bags or can i get the leveling compuond in a mixed form? or should i contract the job out?

Any advice would be apreciated

Peter :whatchutalkingabout

S

sWe

Leveling surfaces that large is a ***** without specilized mixing equipment.

Sure, you can do it with regular buckets, but I'd use atleast a tub mixer for the job. You could rent one, or a pump/mixer. Or you could sub the leveling out.

I'm attaching a pdf where you can see what type of of tub mixer I mean. It's the one on the second page.

An average leveling compound would require in the region of 130kg of powder for every mm on 100m2.

Use a spike roller and a wide floor scraper to smooth the compound if you decide to do it yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Dont know your working situation, are you a one man band or is there a group of you?
Not something i think could be handled alone....well i wouldnt want to.

S

sWe

For that amount of levelling a would recommend a pump mixer or sub it out......:thumbsup:

Yupp, same here. If you're not used to leveling large surfaces, and you don't want to risk anything, it might be a good idea to sub it out. If you want to have a go anyways, do get proper equipment.

Some time in the future, I'm going to invest in a pump mixer myself. Leveling floors can be a lucerative niche if you know what you're doing. I'll probably wait until I start employing people though. Leveling large surfaces isn't really a one man task.

P

peter241

Thanks every one for the feed back.

I do have a few people working with me so the labor isnt a problem, I have experience in leveling floors but nothing on this size.

I will take your advice and hire a pump mixer, i fancy having a go. and like sWe said, it can be a lucrative business. The thing with this job is they have already had the floors done but thes ones need leveling are pretty bad.

I dont want to lose the contract ove the cost of the additional labor for the leveling so i will tackle it.

He isnt to happy about having to pay for it twice anyway .

Wish me luck :thumbsup:
----
Very usfull video, thanks

Reply to Help with self leveling 100m2 floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen