Search the forum,

Discuss Help I need your opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sanke

HI John Pictures do not show finished level, as above top tile was a row of glass mosaic tiles with metal trim So finished level was above original level However, in a few places tiling render would now be on top of metal trim (should have probably done something about it before mosaics etc put up) I had agreed with the original price to paint the walls & ceiling etc above so that would have been sorted one way or another at that stage Thanks for your encouragement to keep on tiling

J

jonnyc

HI John Pictures so not show finished level as above top tile was a row of glass mosaic tiles with metal trim so finished level was above original level However, in a few placed tiling render would now be on top of metal trim (should have probably done something about it before mosaics etc put up) I had agreed with the original price to paint the walls & ceiling etc above so that would have been sorted one way or another at that stage Thanks for your encouragement to keep on tiling
i think you really need to show what your work was like in a finished or semi finished state at point when client would not let you back in house.
without this it is very difficult to give a considered and helpful opinion.
this said if you have quoted to give a finished room then how can this client possibly condem your work before you have been given a chance to complete.
again it will all be down to what you have been in the quote.
boring stuff but ultimately we have to be thorough to be safe

S

Sanke

I am coming to the conclusion that I need a standard set of T & C's to accompany a DETAILED written quotation As you say may be a bit boring or overkill but once done could also give a more professional image (& maybe save my behind in the future !) Would be interested in anyone has a set I could view / copy

S

Sanke

the tiles over the cistern should be equal size also,the one on the right looks bigger and be seen as soon as the door is opened
Hi Brian You are right the tile on the right is slightly bigger It was decided between customer & myself to keep the joint running to centre of pan rather than make tiles equal

D

DHTiling

Bang a CCJ on him... no one wants one of those against them... if no joy then send in debt collectors..

T

Time's Ran Out

To me it's just another case of an amateur trying to become a professional at the expense (or not in this case) of the customer. Nothing in writing, materials supplied and no payment - looks like you are having to learn the very hard way that tiling is a finishing trade.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367270240.220899.jpg
The man wants advice of tradesmen no women ;)

Reply to Help I need your opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen