Search the forum,

Discuss Heat loss with ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello all,I have two 30m2 floors to tile using ditra.One is timber effect tiles onto normal sand and cement screed with no UFH( no probs there).The other is trav onto sand and cement too but it has wet UFH, hairline cracks in screed too.My second customer is wondering will there be any heat loss at all with the ditra??

A

Aston

as far as i am aware ditra does not act as a heat insulator so, I think there will be 'virtually' no heat prevention effecting the performance..

H

hillhead

My customer spoke to her UFH company who advised her not to put ditra down!They advised to fill the cracks with mapei'sGlue substance.I'm lifting it here in next half hour, getting van washed for LGV test.

C

CBTC

There is no U value to Ditra. Therefore no insulation effect. The UFH company is not the arbitor on the advice about the whole floor build up, and the benefit of the membrane to the stability of the tiled floor element long term is to be considered just as much.

P

paul flight

if you do not fit a flexi decoupling matting and the tile crack due to movement within the substrate then they will look to you to put it right!!! allways fit matting with wet under tile heating. the matting does not stop the heat coming through at all. better safe than sorry a..

H

hillhead

Mapei eporit, that's the glue I have to get into the cracks.She is adamant this is what she wants and will save her over five hundred quid too.I'v told her that it's her problem if the cracks come through as I don't believe this glue can hold a screed section together if it decided to move.I have expansion joints going in and even soft joints only around perimeter.I'll see the cracks in the morning and go from there.I have the two part glue in the van.

Reply to Heat loss with ditra? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen