• Thread starter Michael McMillan
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 4K
  • usa

Discuss health club in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Michael McMillan

Hi there sorry about the urgency but iv been asked to quote a health club on regrouting their poolside and their male changing area, my question is will it require an epoxy grout and if so where will be the best place to buy it and how much compared with normal grout?

I live in central scotland

Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, BAL epoxy is a very good epoxy. You can grab that from any Topps Tiles store. If you call topps on 0800 783 6262 to find your local store and trade price.

Or....

You may be able to get away with a standard cement based adhesive and an aditive. Not too sure on that, I think from a H&S point of view the epoxy would be a safer bet.

If it's a re-grout, make sure you are quoting well for taking the current grout out, if it's epoxy also, you'll find it's a nightmare.

C

Concept PHT

Get yourself a fein multimaster or something similar like a small angle grinder. Will wip the grout out no problem. Watch them tiles though..... ;)

M

Michael McMillan

Thanks guys, its 152m2 of regrouting, just measured up, 18 tiles to be replaced and must be done during the night.

It was last grouted 2 years ago and its in a hell of a state, i think perhaps its been a normal grout and the chemicals they use to clean have broken it done, im not sure, would anyone like to come up here and help me?:D i will pay a good night rate:D .

Reply to health club in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks