Search the forum,

Discuss Handmade Vase Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Okay, so a couple of members have made some vases.
It was suggested we all have a bash and see what we can come up with. So I thought I'd make a competition out of it.

I've made a category in the Media Gallery: Handmade Vases

Upload your Vase images to there, then add them to this thread.

Once a fair few have made some, we'll create a Poll and make a forum member tag for the winner. We'll perhaps give this one a few months because the last thing I want is emails and calls from Wife's of tilers telling me I'm taking up their weekends.

"Vase Comp Winner" - Can even pick your own colour to match your company branding or the Vase colour or whatever.

Last edited:
M

MTiler

just not had the time, busy and knackered. But I did have one chilled weekend doing a Mosaic course, making a Mandala, with Southbank Mosaics. Ive yet to frame it. Mandala is Sanskrit for Circle. Its 27 x 27cm. :)

IMG_20150802_150327.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dont think anything will beat that union jack for me unless there was a st george flag on the other side lol
There are still plenty of other heads that need to get involved in this. Perhaps they can knock a St George up.

Can't see somebody pulling off the Welsh Dragon easily lol

Dont think anything will beat that union jack for me unless there was a st george flag on the other side lol

Dont be so sure , i knocked this up from a few offcuts this morning during my teabreak.
Diggy

IMG_20150911_102004.jpg

O

Old Mod

Well here it is, it'll have to be my entry haha
Come to realise I won't have time to do anymore.
Made these this afternoon and evening for my current client, to sit on her new terrace, as a gift.
Not my best work I'll be first to admit, but they're made from rough off cuts and I haven't had time to really go at them.

image.jpg image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Cheat! You've been down the garden centre today!!!
Lovely Marc.....tapered too! Show off!

Been a lot bloody easier if I had! Haha
Nah she's been great Geoff!
When u end up with more extras than the original cost then I think she should get that little extra touch! (Don't go there @Dave!) haha

Thanks Geoff :)

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I couldn't figure out how to get the writing on with the pics. I have made a few vases and planters. the first couple of pics are a vase made from a fireplace hearth that was going in the skip, me being a magpie and all i couldn't let that happen. The rest are just planters i've made for the missus with left overs.

M

Mr Tiler

I couldn't figure out how to get the writing on with the pics. I have made a few vases and planters. the first couple of pics are a vase made from a fireplace hearth that was going in the skip, me being a magpie and all i couldn't let that happen. The rest are just planters i've made for the missus with left overs.
What did you stick them together with?

Reply to Handmade Vase Competition in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays