Search the forum,

Discuss Grout joints cracking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Evening

1st time poster, so here goes

I have a 2 part floor, half on the original screed which has an electric matting system(supplied and fitted by the electrician) and half on the new screed which has the water system in the screed, the floor was laid about a year ago. The new screeded area is fine, no cracks in the grout, but the original area on the electric matting the grout has cracked, this isn't the 1st time, happened about 6 months ago, which I put down to the UHF being on about 100 degrees, so removed all the grout and regrouted, told the client to leave it 28 days, start it low and increase it by 5 degrees, now they're saying they haven't turned it back on and it's just started to crack again, the tiles are 600sq porcelain which have been backed, used webber SPF, not really been built up, the tiles are still solid, it has ditra down and I used Arduit FL grout and am pulling what hair I have left, out!!! Anyone got any ideas, would be massively appreciated

cheers Matt

W

White Room

Do you have any thermal boards under the ufh on the original floor which has grout cracking...

Reaction score
No expansion joint, but can't see as that's the problem, as the tiles are still solid. Is there a way to see if the UFH has been switched on, as my betting is there's too much heat emanating from the mat, but then I think the tiles would sweat and then blow, so I'm still fairly confused

I

Ian

Has the wet UFH been turned on? Is there any chance the expansion from that side of the floor has caused movement on the side with the electric UFH?

Reply to Grout joints cracking in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen