Currently reading:
Green chipboard preparation

Discuss Green chipboard preparation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

instead of using hardy have u thought of using ditra matting
prime chip board apply flexi addy on 4mm bed roll in pre prepared ditra matting staple down with galvenised staples. i use this method for past 10 yrs. if the floor is uneven skim over the matting with flexi leveler such as weber flex. as i do most of my work on a price basis this method takes about a quarter of the time it takes to put down hardi. also the matting acts as a dpm and is totally water proof use shulter tape over joints. ideal for wet rooms

W

White Room

instead of using hardy have u thought of using ditra matting
prime chip board apply flexi addy on 4mm bed roll in pre prepared ditra matting staple down with galvenised staples. i use this method for past 10 yrs. if the floor is uneven skim over the matting with flexi leveler such as weber flex. as i do most of my work on a price basis this method takes about a quarter of the time it takes to put down hardi. also the matting acts as a dpm and is totally water proof use shulter tape over joints. ideal for wet rooms

You cannot be serious
tennis-094.gif

J

Just Rizzle

5 yrs ago had a contract for 52 wet rooms every one the same green chip board floors and walls tanked every one with ditra and kerdy matting had to give 3 year guarentee.the tiles we used were 25mm mosaic 3mm thick consulted with shulter for advice. jobs done. zero failures. the germans have been using these systems for years.it also reduces the hight of the job nothing looks worse than a large step up on to a tiled area

I'd be intersted in this method Ray, but in my opinion it just doesn't sound right....because most new builds joists are not at 300mm centres and more than likely 400+
Even more so the chipboard could be 18mm and it's only glued together at the ends and doesn't always land on a dwang, so putting down sutra or equivalent wouldn't meet the adhesives companies requirements for strength surely?
Also if these bathrooms do need replacing ten ultimately when you lift the ditra the whole subfloor will be destroyed too.

I

Ian

Using Ditra for deflection is a joke surely ? .... And as for stapling it down ?. Is this all over ? , as that will anchor the polyethylene to fleece through to the substrate hence no lateral stress movement in the fleece to polyethylene bond.

has to be a wind up .:lol:

Not to mention puncturing it making it about as waterproof as a sieve [emoji1]

Reply to Green chipboard preparation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement