Discuss Genesis Tiger trowel in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kia tiling

I've been using them for over a year, rarely anything else. The first one I bought wore down with use so now I have two sizes! Great trowel...

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Been using one for three years and the best trowel I have ever used and I've tried them all ! Uses a little bit more adhesive but the benefits are worth it !

E

Edinaberdeen

Hi sorry for hijack, is the genesis tiger trowel suitable most tiles and locations? Ceramic tiles 360x270mm on plasterboard and marmox bathroom and shower walls? 457mm sq Travertine floor tiles on Ditra 25?
Thanks Ed

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi sorry for hijack, is the genesis tiger trowel suitable most tiles and locations? Ceramic tiles 360x270mm on plasterboard and marmox bathroom and shower walls? 457mm sq Travertine floor tiles on Ditra 25?
Thanks Ed

It's a solid-bed trowel by the sounds of it. I've never seen or used one. Brilliant for floors or uneven walls, but perhaps an overkill when it comes to flat surfaces like plasterboard and Marmox. For those areas you could do with a 10mm square notch or even maybe 6mm (for walls only mind).

Reaction score
Would the Tiger trowel be suitable for 800x800x8 porcelain floor tiles? Currently having problems with ridges not collapsing using a regular 12mm notch on the floor & 6mm on the tile.

Reply to Genesis Tiger trowel in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks