Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You certainly got to keep ya head together when doing these multi sized jobs........one slight noggin wander........and you lay a tile in the wrong place.........you knacker the lot.

Thats why the job I posted took so long.

Well...........thats wot I told my Mrs :incazzato::incazzato::incazzato::lol:

W

wetdec

The sizes shown will work together but because the chistled edges tend to creap you will need to keep the joint pretty narrow or it can look odd and tooo wide if you get me.........

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
is that the same pattern as CJ's Dave or is it that CJ's photie is inverted?

It was the same Pattern Doug..........I had the very same template that Dave posted.

I got the wife to take it too her work and get a blown up photocopy.
Then stapled it to my forehead so I wouldn't mess it up :smilewinkgrin:

C

charlie1

I will post some pics when done. Thanks for all the info guys. I will dry lay to see what spacer size suites best.

D

doug boardley

I'm sure the one I did was that pattern, maybe my tiles were slightly different dimensions as I know that I had to use narrow spacers

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Charlie...........check the small square against the others...........your'll probably find that you need to adjust the space for them. They tend NOT to allow for the spaces when cutting them :incazzato:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'm sure the one I did was that pattern, maybe my tiles were slightly different dimensions as I know that I had to use narrow spacers

Chiselled edge travertine does make the grout lines appear bigger than they are.

Need to allow for various spaces really on SOME multi patterns

E

enduro

What i do is photo copy the pattern five times, and then cut them so the interlink so i have one pattern in the middle, one on the left and right, one on the top and bottom then laminate them individually, the when fixing i can see the next pattern on what ever side im working on...stops a lot of head scratching, or ****-ups. :thumbsup:

E

Eddie

I did one of these last year. I had to use 2mm and 4mm spacers. Because the smaller sizes, make up the exact size of the bigger ones, there is no alowance for grout lines. Looked great when finished. :thumbsup:

Reply to French pattern travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks