Search the forum,

Discuss Forum sponsored insurance links - WARNING! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Now this morning I finally get round to sorting out my renewal.
GoCompare / Moneysupermarket etc... all these price comparison sites - the top 5 or so cheapest results all LOOK great with legal protection, breakdown etc included, but after wasting ages going through everything with them, you then find out that there is a £50 handling fee, and that all the "included" extras are only included if you pay extra :mad:
Totally misleading and sneaky!
As I suspected from the start of price comparison sites - they are just a scam for price-fixing by whatever industry takes part.
A couple of hours of my life I will never get back...:mad:

O

Old Mod

Now this morning I finally get round to sorting out my renewal.
GoCompare / Moneysupermarket etc... all these price comparison sites - the top 5 or so cheapest results all LOOK great with legal protection, breakdown etc included, but after wasting ages going through everything with them, you then find out that there is a £50 handling fee, and that all the "included" extras are only included if you pay extra :mad:
Totally misleading and sneaky!
As I suspected from the start of price comparison sites - they are just a scam for price-fixing by whatever industry takes part.
A couple of hours of my life I will never get back...:mad:
I wonder how far having hidden extras would get us! Haha

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I think there is already quite a few tradespeople that do operate like that.

Cheap estimate to win the work.

Start the work.

Then the "well that needs primer and levelling, i didn't include prep work in my estimate"

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just sorting my pl for this year, didnt want to mess around with a comparison, went straight to direct line, read on there disclaimer but

Important statements:
Your trade or business or its subsidiary companies:
  • complies with all statutory requirements as laid down in the current Control of Noise at Work Regulations;
  • does not use, handle, store or transport hazardous substances, such as Radioactive Substances/Devices, Explosives, or materials giving rise to dust, fumes or vapours, discharge toxic or dangerous substances;
does that dust clause relate to grinding, or adheisives grout etc????

O

One Day

If they accept to insure you as a tiler, I'd happily take it to court. Unreasonable clause in terms and conditions.

Reply to Forum sponsored insurance links - WARNING! in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen