Search the forum,

Discuss first B&Q job next week. could be start of alot of work. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

did some work for a bathroom fitting company and they are now trusting me on a B&Q installation. been waiting a couple of week for a CRB check coming through, it has felt like a lifetime.
so excited!! finished college in june and i have only had scraps of work, tried offering my services to tilers in my area for free to gain experiance with no joy.( thought people would have jumped at the offer personally. but oh well there loss)
now is the time to make some money. just hope it goes well for me as i could have work with them till feb which in turn would help turn my almost useless city and guilds qualification into NVQ. :smilewinkgrin:

I

Ian

That's great news mate, you must be well chuffed! Don't let them tell you what materials to use, build your reputation and keep it in tact :thumbsup:

J

jwatson

cheers bri. i am chuffed. I used his stuff on last job all bal ready mixed.(green star and grip) wasn't happy; just doesnt spread the same. allthough when i used ready mixed white star it seemed a bit more user friendly than the other ready mixed.

i have spoken and agreed that i am better using the stuff that i am more comfortable using. I am comfortable using mapei cement based and IMO mapei grout is the biz.

I

Ian

Plus if they let you use your own addy/grout you have that peace of mind that the job will last. All the plumbers/builders etc I do work for now don't even bother supplying materials coz they know it'll get left in the corner!

Reply to first B&Q job next week. could be start of alot of work. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen