Search the forum,

Discuss Filler for holes prior to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I have just been to a house where the tiles have been knocked off the (plasterboard) walls and there's several nasty looking holes to fill before the surface will take some tiles... What would you recommend for filling holes say 1" - 1.5" deep and maybe 3-4" across? I would use tile adhesive for smaller ones - but there's a few big ones too... Ideally something that will go off fast?
Many thanks for your advice...!

Reboarding would be the best route no doubt - but this is in a kitchen and the holes are above the worktops and beneath the cupboards...:( It would mean removing the cupboards and replacing the boards then refitting the cupboards and I doubt that the ol lady would go for that!:) The main hole is adjacent to a double socket... looks as though they used an axe to remove the old tiles!

Reply to Filler for holes prior to tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.