Currently reading:
favourite stone

Discuss favourite stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Sandstone, tightly cemented quartzite that retains all the bedding features of the origional depositional environment. Usually aeolian or semi arid river bed. All polised up its lovely!:hurray:

I visited a local stone importer, a few months ago. The owner (who has a degree in Geology) took me to one side and showed me some sandstone planks they were preping for a wetroom. They had cut the planks from a single piece, I could see a ancient river bed in a grey/blue colour. He pointed out what looked like a fosil tail or backbone of some exstinct creature. He thought it dated to around 70 million years ago. How cool is that. Or am I sad:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Have I mentioned a job I'am on at Hadrians Wall!
Well as its a heritage building and they are not allowed to have any extra windows - outside the bathroom they have a wall of 'stone' - 1 piece of 20mm thick granite in a beige/brown colour range about 2x3mts in size. What you can see in the markings on the polished surface is an effect of 'rolling hills' chosen for that very purpose.

T

Time's Ran Out

Almost forgot about the picture!
DSC01539.jpg

I'am advised that it is Brazilian Granite.
And it was bought to represent the rolling hills behind the building - see thread on Hadrians Wall illuminations.:thumbsup:

Reply to favourite stone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Nice forum you have here. Seems very helpful. I have some work coming up soon so will post in the more relevant forum. I hope your businesses are flourishing! Be well
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.