Currently reading:
Ettringite formation over gypsum screed

Discuss Ettringite formation over gypsum screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
not being picky or anything but are you sure it is 40mm. It is just that if it is a wet underfloor heating system it is likely to be a 15mm(ish) pipe diameter. Most anhydrite screeds look for 30mm cover to pipes so that is 45mm. The pipes are often held off the deck in pipe clip tracks which lift it off by another 5mm hence the 50 to 55mm suggested. If it is 40mm then fair enough but thought I'd check. There are some systems with thinner pipes so I may be barking up the worng tree but as you say 1 step ahead is no bad thing.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi Brindle

Just following up the previous posts to see if you have been able to start this job yet. How has it gone....

I came across a primer the other day from Dunlop - universal bonding agent it is called. Anyway I got it from a stone specialit who has used it on all his jobs including quite a few anhydrites - he has never had a failure....

might be worth checking it out.

Alan

B

Brindle

Hi Alan, I went with the specific manufacturers recommendation for Anhydrite screed which was Norcross (customer bought) and they specify 3 x coats of SBR, 1:4/ 1:3/ 1:2 if still absorbant. I went through all the risks with the customer and pointed out all info as provided by yourself and manufacturers. I removed all laitence, and followed the priming procedures to the letter. Am now about 50m2 through the tiling, going ok so far....

I was going to post an update end of this week. I'll try and upload a few piccies

Cheers
Gareth

Reply to Ettringite formation over gypsum screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.