Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.
  • Thread starter Scott Devenish
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 4K

Discuss Estimates in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott Devenish

Looking for a little advice if I can please.
I've not long started up and concerned that I'm pricing myself out of business. I recently gave an estimate for a 14m2 kitchen floor (ceramic) and 2m2 bathroom floor (same tiles) and plaster the bathroom ceiling and 3 walls and was told that they had been given a cheaper quote of £x for all three jobs. Is this about the right price?
Any advice or guidance would be most appreciated

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
That does seem very cheap.
You have to know what you are capable of doing in a certain time and price according.
No point in under cutting then doing a bad job due to not having enough time, this will only lead to a bad reputation and no work.

S

Scott Devenish

It did seem very cheap to me as well. I just hope that they've not got a bodge it and scarper type in to do the work for them. I pride myself in my work and the quality of it and as you said, wouldn't want to ruin my reputation for the sake of a few quid.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheap then...
BTW....I don't think your ment to put prices on the open forum....you may get a telling off !! Lol
Join the tilers arms forum and ask what you want in there...a moderator can give you the info.

S

Scott Devenish

Ah - apologies, I hadn't realised.
Thanks for all the comments, I can at least now relax a bit regarding my prices

I

Ian

Ah - apologies, I hadn't realised.
Thanks for all the comments, I can at least now relax a bit regarding my prices
Once you've contributed to the forum a little more (50 posts or so), if you message any of the moderators with details of your business, you can be added to the tilers forums arms which has a sub forum where pricing can be discussed out of view of the general public.

U

Unused Account 1

Ive noticed the prices are getting crazy ,people just going for the cheaper price ,even site work ,people working to fast to make money ,leaving not the best job ,

Reply to Estimates in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks