Search the forum,

Discuss en suite tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

ok ok, am gonna take off tiles, will then need to make up 30mm cos job not done right first time, i can sort that, but if i cant cut that corner surely there must be handy way of scoring painted plasterboard for tiling(not in shower unit- just rest of en suite). sanding sounds like a nitemare:yikes::yikes:.
ps. thanks for bein so tolerant of my corner cutting suggestions:lol::lol:

No sorry mate, bad news for you again, it should be sanded off. Get an electric sander with a coarse pad, it wont take long mate. :thumbsup:

S

smurf21

Ill throw my two peneth in but your pretty much covered by the others advice.......
If it was me and i had allready had leakage bite thebullet strip of tiles and plasterboard in shower area screw battons to the wall where you have to make up 30mm and replace boards with 9mm / 12mm tile backerboards eg No more ply or Hardi or other cementios board .. but the paint has to come off the rest..:thumbsup:

B

booner

so, here we are again, took a few low tiles off on solid shower wall and the skim coat is coming away from the sand cement>?? i thought a house 8 years old wouldnt have this problem! is this common? is it cos water was penetrating grout down low or just the 'steam' pentrating through everything. still wondrin why i cant mrb over that side usin say 70mm fixings? if you sages out there say no then do i need to replace missing skim or will adhesive bring it out or is it more complicated than either if these suggestions:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
ps. YOU CANT BEAT A BATH!!!!!!

Reply to en suite tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen