Search the forum,

Discuss door frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve9999

whats the best tool on the market for cutting down door frames to allow tiles to slide under frame?

U

uug197h

cut round door frames don't go under them (you may have to go back in 2 or 3 years when they want them changing then there a pain to get out) also if you make a mistake cuting the frame you will have to replace the lot and it will cost you

T

tiler tom

I tend to cut under the frame usine a carpenter saw and wood chisel. As for having to go back I dont do floor tile removal and replacement if thats what they want then they can do it.

D

DHTiling

cut architraves etc to suit tiles much neater job as for removal if tiles are to be changed they come out the same way they went in. just use a tenon saw to cut frames , measure twice cut once and you will be fine.. dave....

V

Varley

Rmoving frames does leave a nicer finish, tiletrader.com does a nice little saw for this job.

B

brian c

cut architraves etc to suit tiles much neater job as for removal if tiles are to be changed they come out the same way they went in. just use a tenon saw to cut frames , measure twice cut once and you will be fine.. dave....
if i had a county down for every time i heard that mate but good asdvice 4 newbies,btw.:wink_smile:

Reply to door frame in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen