Search the forum,

Discuss Don't you just love it in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

turnip

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Theres nothing like a major balls up is there? Took on a last minute commercial job in London, an easy 70 m2 of porcs, to help out a builder under pressure, let down by his own tilers, blah,blah.
Had to be finished and should have been finished before Xmas, would have been finished aswell. Only the builder didn't supply enough tiles. Which were not in stock in the UK, when we ran out of tiles. 4 days before Xmas.
I can only guess the penalties on this job (tens of thousands per week maybe?). Because they organised a courier to drive to Italy to pick up more tiles, after asking the tile factory to open for one day after Xmas to enable the job to get finished.
Tiles turned up yesterday, one of my fixers is in town today to finish everything up, he calls me at lunchtime. Yes you guessed it, builder still didn't supply enough tiles to finish the job. He's probably hung himself by now. :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha measure 20 times, order once or twice or even 3 times. What a numpty!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
makes you wonder how they stay in buisness !!, didnt you tell him how many more you needed? or was he trying to be a smart arse, and get the bear minimum, better make sure he dosnt try to recoup any money, off what he owes you.....

M

MTiler

Ive found builders cant use a tape measure and dont know how to work out the m2, bless em.

Reply to Don't you just love it in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen