Search the forum,

Discuss DOH! damaged shower tray . in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Years ago after tiling in a 3 walled shower tray I removed the thick dust sheet to find a massive 5mm round chip in the tray, my heart stopped beating I could feel it. I swear I didn't do it, I bet it was the electrician who was in over the weekend but I decided just to eat a s|-/it sandwich and call plastic surgeon, they took £170 off me straight away on the phone and sent a guy round, he struggled like hell and did the best he could do but you could still see a darker patch, 2 years later it really stands out (regular customer) it was a Mira Flight tray.
Never use them again, feel really hard done by.

Last time I chipped a tray, I polished it out with a power polisher, wet and dry, T cut etc, got rid of the chip but the area still stood out as it was a slight hollow. Cant win.

Now I cut to size a chipboard and wrap it in a dust sheet, and cover the tray, no way am I chipping another.

D

Dumbo

Years ago after tiling in a 3 walled shower tray I removed the thick dust sheet to find a massive 5mm round chip in the tray, my heart stopped beating I could feel it. I swear I didn't do it, I bet it was the electrician who was in over the weekend but I decided just to eat a s|-/it sandwich and call plastic surgeon, they took £170 off me straight away on the phone and sent a guy round, he struggled like hell and did the best he could do but you could still see a darker patch, 2 years later it really stands out (regular customer) it was a Mira Flight tray.
Never use them again, feel really hard done by.

Last time I chipped a tray, I polished it out with a power polisher, wet and dry, T cut etc, got rid of the chip but the area still stood out as it was a slight hollow. Cant win.

Now I cut to size a chipboard and wrap it in a dust sheet, and cover the tray, no way am I chipping another.
I have polished out a few in the past .

D

Dumbo

Do you have a link to he kit?

Like Bathfix Box, I use a timber sheet wrapped in a dust sheet with no exceptions. On baths I cut the sheet in half so it’s easy to slide one sheet onto the other when tiling that section.
No I'm an it idiot but just search Anglo adhesives. As for 9199 just search 9199 gel coat and got some place up north like Bolton .

Reply to DOH! damaged shower tray . in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement