Search the forum,

Discuss Do you charge extra for drilling holes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Just a basic question on drilling holes for waste & water feeds in bathrooms.

Do you charge extra for these or are they included in your metre rate? If you charge extra for these then how much do you charge per hole as not only does every hole you cut wear out drill bits but also takes alot of time if there are say 6 holes on average in a bathroom floor without W.C waste?

D

david campbell

you really need to!
the time it takes and the wear and tear on your expensive drill bits!

M

Matthew77

Any advice on what would be reasonable amount to charge?

for example meter rates around here are £25 for ceramics & £40 for porcelain & if I were using 365 porca drill bits what would you charge extra per hole drilled?

D

doug boardley

I have a higher rate for porcelain to take drill bits and extra time into consideration:thumbsup:

D

dagger

if you need to drill holes to fit tiles, you cant charge imo..

if the customer asks you to hang a mirror, soap dish etc. then each hole is chargable!

Imo.

Dagger.

T

Time's Ran Out

Mathew - Are we talking Domestic or commercial!
What holes are you wanting to drill.
If you are talking waste pipes/shower outlets etc these are included in the cost of the job - if you can charge extra over meterage rate then do.
IMO it only becomes an issue in porcelain tiles and apart from the services pipes I won't offer to drill any holes. For all the water feeds/wastes etc its just as easy to cut the hole from the back of the tile with your wet saw when tiling then you will not have to drill from the front.
In commercial contracts you get paid to drill holes!

Reply to Do you charge extra for drilling holes? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen