Currently reading:
cuts with wet saw

Discuss cuts with wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

frogeye

I have used wet cutters on my home projects and used the tiles almost straight away. They haven't dropped off yet, however, when I did my course and after finishing each project it came to remove the tiles, I was very suprised at how little adhesive had stuck to the tile. I would suggest that it is only a small coverage on the back of my wet cut tiles in my kitchen, but mostly the grout that is holding the tiles on.

In future I will be planning my wet cuts as far in advance as I can and giving them some serious drying time - how long I don't know, but at least I have seen the results of using wet tiles. I will put them by a heat source eg a radiator - any thoughts?

frogeye

R

ryanbrown

If the back of the tile is getting saturated i think that probally means too much water in the cutter. A thinnish stripe on the back shouuld be ok to work with straight away after drying with a rag. If more than - I wouuld say 25% - of the back of tile is getting soaked then you probally need less water in the cutter and also dry the surface of the cutter in between cuts so your not sliding it through water.
----
p.s have you taken the guide of the cutter?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grumpygrouter

If the back of the tile is getting saturated i think that probally means too much water in the cutter. A thinnish stripe on the back shouuld be ok to work with straight away after drying with a rag. If more than - I wouuld say 25% - of the back of tile is getting soaked then you probally need less water in the cutter and also dry the surface of the cutter in between cuts so your not sliding it through water.
----
p.s have you taken the guide of the cutter?
You ain't never used a Rubi DW250N then Ryan mate. It absolutely soaks the tile and the water bath holds about 40lts of water! You just have to wipe off when done. More of a problem with ceramic than porcelain of course as porcelain doesn't absorb water!

Grumpy

Reply to cuts with wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.