Search the forum,

Discuss Bridges, be careful, you never know when they will collapse. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Just watching Coast on BBC2, they were doing a bit on the fourth of firth bridge and its maintenance problems. Its suffers from rust as do thousands of similar bridges all over the world. They attached microphones to the massive cables in 2006 and have been listening to them 24 hours a day ever since.
Anyway they put the sound on the programme so that the viewer could hear what was going on................twang....................twang.........................twang.....
twang............................twang.................................
I dont want to panic anyone but there were a lot of twangs!
It has 13 years left before its unsafe, the same applies to the old severn bridge and many more.
Next time I go to Scotland I will be programming the tomtom to avoid bridges.

:auto::auto:

:thinking2::thinking2:

:wings::wings:

D

diamondtiling

Its on now, you can catch it again on their website, thats what they are saying, the wording was "after spending years bridging the expanse between islands, we will have to start again," or similar. Very interesting programme.

:thumbsup:

H

hillhead

A bridge on the railway line from belfast to dublin fell down a couple of wks ago! Not good.an eagle eyed train driver spotted it and averted a real tragedy before it happened.it was on the outskirts of dublin i think.

D

diamondtiling

:yikes::yikes:Yikes!!! I have never liked driving over water, don't know why but I always get an uncomfortable feeling, I grip the steering wheel like a vice....

D

doug boardley

I love bridges, cos they normally have water under them,and that water normally has fish in it, so I can go fishing:hurray::hurray::hurray:

A

a1tiler

lovely bridge, but it`s the "firth of forth" bridge. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

diamondtiling

lovely bridge, but it`s the "firth of forth" bridge. :thumbsup:

I stand corrected Sir. Actually I have just looked at what I put, what a numpty, and me from Scotland as well, 1966 is a long time ago.

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bridges, be careful, you never know when they will collapse. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen