Search the forum,

Discuss brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rossy

got customer that wants bathroom tiling in brick bond but wants mosaic strips vertically what worries me is that either side of mosaics im going to have cut tiles every other row not sure its going to look good should i tell customer to have them standard set so im only using full tiles..

T

tkm18

Probably a stoopid question, but do they deffo want the brick bond going horizontal?

Seen it done with the brick bond and borders running verticaly.

R

rossy

i know i can use half tile either side i was thinking about the cut edge will it look good cuz next row will be a full tile with nice edge. and yes they want then horizontal the tile, and mosaic vertical

D

DHTiling

Couple option really...

Leave the mosaic flush witht he tile surface and a grout joint...the cut edge will look ok grouted..or you can use a chrome inset trim to break the join up...and make a feature...

Here's one i did inset just against the tile..

And here's one with a chrome trim insert..

D

dagger

I know its not mosaic but the principal is the same:

img6003y.jpg

it can be done, this room had three stripes!!

and whole tile/half tile designates where they can go!

careful setting out, and draw it on the wall!

best of luck!

img6022t.jpg

basinw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to brick bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen