Discuss Black limestone patio help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

iah1980

Hi, new to the site and would like to say hello and also ask some advice if possible. The information I have gained from here has been invaluable so hoping you could help. We have recently installed a black limestone patio which needs to be cleaned then sealed. As the weather has turned quite wet in the last few days (with more on the way) Could I clean with Grimex and leave to dry under tarpaulin? then seal with LTP colour intensifier and stainblock and leave to dry under the tarpaulin again? When I get home I can upload a photo, even taking every precaution there are a couple of stains from the screed bed and the cat next door has taken a shine to it and walked some sand/cement mix onto the stones.

D

DHTiling

I would ring LTP and ask which method they recommend , as last time i heard they were changing it with this Indian black limestone.

I

iah1980

Thanks Dave, sorry been away so had hence the lack of reply. I went ahead and used grimex on the tiles which took them back to a very grey shade. I added the stone oil and this brought them up very well indeed. It would appear though that I over dosed on the stone oil. And every time we walk on the stones we leave behind the grime from our shoe and it is impossible to remove with soapy water. I will add before and after photos as I notice alot of people dont come back with a) thanks and b) finished photos for other people to reference.

Reply to Black limestone patio help please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay