Currently reading:
Bisazza start & up adhesive question.

Discuss Bisazza start & up adhesive question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Got to be this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 117

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Found this on the website.......

This is a step that serves to render the substrate selected for tiling perfectly smooth, uniform and white (a substrate showing differences in colour will spoil the appearance of the finished mosaic). In the case of plaster, use Bisazza adhesive, mixing Start and Up fluid in the recommended proportions. Before skimming plasterboard with adhesive, the surface needs to be sealed with a coat of suitable primer (consult makers of chemical products for the building industry). Having prepared the adhesive mix, spread uniformly using a plain trowel (steel float). The skim coat should dry for at least 12 hours.

A good quality primer should be ok.

O

Old Mod

Found this on the website.......

This is a step that serves to render the substrate selected for tiling perfectly smooth, uniform and white (a substrate showing differences in colour will spoil the appearance of the finished mosaic). In the case of plaster, use Bisazza adhesive, mixing Start and Up fluid in the recommended proportions. Before skimming plasterboard with adhesive, the surface needs to be sealed with a coat of suitable primer (consult makers of chemical products for the building industry). Having prepared the adhesive mix, spread uniformly using a plain trowel (steel float). The skim coat should dry for at least 12 hours.

A good quality primer should be ok.

Yeah found all the tech sheets I could on their gear,I even emailed Bisazza a month ago! No reply of course, I'm just a lowly tiler I spose! Haha
i was just going to go ahead with decent primer, but thought I'd check first.
Thanks CJ

Reply to Bisazza start & up adhesive question. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement