Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Best Battery grinder in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all .. I’ve been using a Bosch GWS battery grinder for maybe 8 years now .. does anyone else use this grinder for cutting tiles ? I really like its feel and weight . It’s a 115 . I do like the side paddle on off switch. My question is what is a good or better alternative. Similar size , weight , feel ? I maybe fancy a change !!! Is the latest dewalt any good . I see it’s only made in 125 version and not 115 . Is this a problem in weight , size or obtaining a good diamond disc . I currently use a mackrist acu max designed specifically for battery grinders . Many thanks in advance for any remarks , opinions or reviews , Steve

Reaction score
Brushless Makita guy signing in, i have a few and I can’t fault them although never used anything else. All my guys use makita brushless also. Have a 110v version also Which does the job.

Marcrist ck850 akkumax the best on the market imo, have tried most of them! there are cheaper alternatives out there though and not a lot of difference nowadays...

OP
B
Reaction score
Brushless Makita guy signing in, i have a few and I can’t fault them although never used anything else. All my guys use makita brushless also. Have a 110v version also Which does the job.

Marcrist ck850 akkumax the best on the market imo, have tried most of them! there are cheaper alternatives out there though and not a lot of difference nowadays...
Thanks for your input and choice of grinder Bear .. and yes that’s the diamond disk of my choice too .

Reaction score
having used makita for many years now it comes harder to change as have about 8 batteries and would cost a fortune. sort of made a choice and sticking with it. 🦕 i may be lol

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks ray .. yeah I know what you mean . That’s how I am with my Bosch .. I’m very used to the handling of it .. I jst wondered if there was anything Better and thoughts of other users of maybe dewalt or metabo , but I think these are 125 and not 115’s . I wondered how these were to operate and ease of use and if any other tilers were using them .

L

LM

Thanks ray .. yeah I know what you mean . That’s how I am with my Bosch .. I’m very used to the handling of it .. I jst wondered if there was anything Better and thoughts of other users of maybe dewalt or metabo , but I think these are 125 and not 115’s . I wondered how these were to operate and ease of use and if any other tilers were using them .
In the same budget range as those mentioned the Metabo wins hands down. Whether it’s a 125 or 115 mm is irrelevant because they are both M14 spindle threads and therefore can take a 125 or a 115mm disc. I’ve owned and used most cordless grinders on the UK market and in that budget range the Matabo is the best all round in handling, power output, battery life and charging plus the 3 year warranty. It’s worth going to a distributor and trying one out and if you do I’d be amazed if you didn’t invest in one.
[automerge]1580331298[/automerge]
having used makita for many years now it comes harder to change as have about 8 batteries and would cost a fortune. sort of made a choice and sticking with it. 🦕 i may be lol
I can totally see your predicament and at the end of the day it’s still a decent platform.

OP
B
Reaction score
Nice one Lee , thanks for that input I may jst do that then and take a metabo for a test drive one day . Sooner rather than later as my Bosch gws battery grinder Is sounding rather rough and won’t be long before I’m purchasing yet another bare unit to replace it as it gets its Arse Kicked every single day as it’s my go to tool . .. so thanks as I’m looking for better quality and longer lasting .
Source URL: Best Battery grinder - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/best-battery-grinder.92273/#post-965740

Reply to Best Battery grinder in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock