Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom waterproof wall panel, what is it?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bocean02

Hi everyone, I have been asked to install this waterproof board into someones bathroom. I have been calling it Aqua Panel but i don't think it is. Looks straight forward enough to fit but what should I stick it to the wall with? The finish is on the board already on both sides and is heavy duty material. Shoud I use a circular saw to chop it? Also, do I fit the skirting board onto this opanel after I fit it or fit the panel above the skirting board - 11mm thick board.

hope someone knows what i'm talking about!

Thanks

O

Olz

I think you mean cement board, it has a few different brand names, aqua panel, hardibacker, etc, it will be 10mm thick, you can dot and dab it to the wall like plasterboard, or fix it to the stud work with plasterboard screws, again just like plasterboard. You can buy a scribe type tool from hardibacker, that you can order through CTD or other stockings, I use a pad saw to cut it usually, it was about a tenner from wickes and does the job, using a circular saw will blunt the blade quickly, you can use an angle grinder but it throws dust everywhere, best bet is the pad saw imo, never had any issues with it.

F

faithhealer

Hi everyone, I have been asked to install this waterproof board into someones bathroom. I have been calling it Aqua Panel but i don't think it is. Looks straight forward enough to fit but what should I stick it to the wall with? The finish is on the board already on both sides and is heavy duty material. Shoud I use a circular saw to chop it? Also, do I fit the skirting board onto this opanel after I fit it or fit the panel above the skirting board - 11mm thick board.

Thanks
Do you mean the finish is a pvc finish which doesn't need tiling or are you planning on tiling onto it

L

Leatherface

Thanks
do you have a name or make ?
Would enable us to give you better advice !

B

bocean02

Thanks for the replies everyone. It isn't cement board, that is similar to plasterboard isn't it? It goes up in place of plasterboard and is waterproof yeah? This is some sort of wooden construction with a pvc (maybe) finish which will not be tiled on. It is supposed to provide a quality waterproof wall which is easy to clean. I wish i asked what it was called but I just looked at it briefly and agreed to fit it. each board is similar in size to a sheet of plasterboard, around 2m by 0.8m at a guess. It is being fitted onto existing plasterboard and joined using bead trims, plasic I think.

G

grumpygrouter

I think it is commonly called Wetwall..........well it is up here anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simhopper

Think this is it, one brand anyway, multipanel from Grant Westfield - the simple, economic solution to waterproof paneling – 0131 337 6262
Heard it called wet wall before. Get your self a couple of boxes of gap filler type adhesive and go dot and dab crazy. The trims overlap enough to give you a bit of tolerance with saw cuts. I think you have to silicon the edges on the trims to make them watertight
Expensive if I recall so check twice cut once

Buy Direct from them for £76+vat per sheet(8by4)

There now also tongue and groove the edges for a seamless finish

For damp tenement shower rooms, flats occupied by students etc this is all i would now fit,far more hard wearing then tiling

W

wetdec

The main supply is from Norway few companies have franchise over here its called Respatex.

T & G ply or chipboard with melamine / formica finish. Batten walls fix to battens, joints need to be siliconed before boards are squeezed together

Appeared around 15 yrs ago personally I never liked it looks too much like bog walls and relies to much on silicone.

Everything you need is here m8 HERE

Reply to Bathroom waterproof wall panel, what is it?! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen