Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Bath panel with shelf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, 1st post so bare with me!

Got a bathroom job coming up which involves making a bath panel with a shelf down the length of the bath and at either end. I'll be fixing ceramic tiles that are 40cmx25cm landscape style. This is my 1st bath panel of this kind and was wondering if the preferred option is to build a frame which allows me to tile just under the lip of the bath and then seal. If anyone has any pics of a similar job I would love to see them to help me along. I will take some myself once I start. Got a feeling that building the frame may be a pain!

Cheers
Pete

D

diamondtiling

Hi Pete and welcome, thats pretty straight forward to do, the panel can be set back so that the top of the tile cannot be seen, this helps if water is split over the edge of the bath, I have done them flush a few times and thats been the customers choice, set back looks best I think.

:thumbsup:

D

david campbell

i agree with diamond here set the panel back,make sure you allow for the tile and adhesive though!

S

Sean fsy

here you go, one i done for my mate:

Image112.jpg

Minshaw.jpg

Minshaw4.jpg
Minshaw3.jpg

Minshaw2.jpg

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Finished job with bath panel. Found it quite simple in the end. thanks for the advice. Will try and get some pics uploaded.
Pete

Last edited:

Reply to Bath panel with shelf in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks