Search the forum,

Discuss awkward job opinions sought in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi,i have a job coming up tiling a bathroom floor,she has a plumber booked 4 days before i can make it and she doesnt want to go without a toilet for 4 days for obvious reasons,could i suggest to her the plumber uncouples the toilet leaving it butted up against the waste pipe with a flexible pipe attached to the cistern so it can still be used yet it can be moved accordingly when i go to tile the floor or is this not possible?? cheers:stupid:

B

brian c

YES KILTY m8 thats exactly what to do,just ask her to ask the plumber to fit a valve so that you can turn water off and then put back once you have tiled.Also make sure he fits the proper waste fitting to cope with the height difference ......Bri:thumbsup:offset fitting is what you need fitted m8 for the waste.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
to be honest i dont have a clue about plumbing yet,what do you mean brian about turning the water off m8? i thought just addin a flexi pipe would still allow the toilet to be used yet i could be careful and just move the entire toilet water included:lol:,,lay my tile using a fast setting rapid set,then lift toilet onto this once its set and do the other tile next to it if you get my drift? i know it sounds daft but i dont want to lose the job and customer cant get plumber on same days as me??:stupid:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
is it just a flexi pipe brian with a valve i turn to stop water coming out then id undo valve at toilet end and remove toilet m8?

D

DHTiling

Just get the plumber to fit the pan only.....then the customer can flush it with a bucket and it will easier to remove and put back ..:thumbsup:

B

brian c

Thats what i do for a few days but dont know if customer will be happy with days.But YES FIT A FLEXI WITH a valve so you can turn water off then replace after you have tiled.

S

Spirit

Get the plumber to put a piece of 12mm ply under the pan when he does the temporary installation, so that the connections are at the correct height after you tile.

Reply to awkward job opinions sought in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen