Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss After fit edging for tiles please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cornish_crofter

Hi

Customer has some tiles going half way up the wall. In order to hide the edge from view (no 1/4 bead edging fitted here) we agreed that I would use a bead of silicone to give an internal radius.

Whilst the internal radius is fine, due to the nature of the tiles, the unglazed edging is showing though the silicone. Understandibly the customer would like me to revisit this area if I can.

Can anyone please advise me as to what the best options are for retro fitting trim in this case.

Thanks

S

sWe

You could've used regular grout to hide the biscuit with. Done that loads of times.

Anyways.

Can't you knock off the top row of tiles or something, and proceed normally with trim?
Otherwise there are many varieties of trim availible to carpenters which you can glue or nail into place. That would only be usable in a dry are though, and it can "stand out" a bit.

C

cornish_crofter

The regular grout sounds like a good idea. I would have to clean off the silicone, which probably wouldn't be that difficult.

Knocking off the top row and refitting them isn't really an option for them, They don't want their bathroom disturbed.

Ideally, I would like to use something similar to the tile over trim that we all know and love. Is there a similar product that could be used without the webbing?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Normal tile trim, just run it through the wet cutter to take the back off and fix with a bead of silicone (Use tape to hold in place until set)

T

TilingLogistics

You can also run your fein blade behind the tiles and slot the trim in fixed with silicone. Another method is to epoxy paint the top of the biscuit the same colour as the grout:thumbsup:

Kev

O

Olz

You can also get upvc beadings in a quadrant shape and fix with silicone.

You may have to look around for a bit though for one small enough, most are designed for use in fitting windows, but i have managed to get 8mm ones from wickes.

Reply to After fit edging for tiles please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks