Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on narrow strip round window reveal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 59528

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm looking to renovate the bathroom after leaving it for some time since we moved in. Currently there is a very narrow strip of tiles on the right side of the window and I'm asking for advice on how to deal with this when I retile. Please see picture.

I was going to use bigger tiles (probably 600x300) and don't feel confident that cutting small strips would look right. Would you suggest half tile the walls? Adding an architrave round the window, any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simon.

Attachments

• IMG_3080.jpeg
    IMG_3080.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 16

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it’s all about personal choice. A tiler would be able to make the cuts usually with a score and snap, worst case grinder or wet cutter. Someone with less experience could still cut the tiles but if your confidence and design preference directs you to an alternative then who is to say what is right or wrong?

OP
D

Deleted member 59528

At the end of the day, it’s all about personal choice. A tiler would be able to make the cuts usually with a score and snap, worst case grinder or wet cutter. Someone with less experience could still cut the tiles but if your confidence and design preference directs you to an alternative then who is to say what is right or wrong?
Thanks Hobnob. I do feel I could cut the strips but wonder whether such narrow cuts would look as good as an alternative. Like you say it’s a design preference and I wondered if there were any other options that people had experience of.

Reaction score
Depending on size and design of room etc, you could just dot/dab plasterboard on that wall to run the wall straight into the window and do away with the little return.

OP
D

Deleted member 59528

Depending on size and design of room etc, you could just dot/dab plasterboard on that wall to run the wall straight into the window and do away with the little return.
Thanks Ben-Gee, unfortunately this won’t work as the door frame goes too near the wall.

Reply to Advice on narrow strip round window reveal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock