Search the forum,

Discuss Advice in triming doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

sharp handsaw for me too.:thumbsup:Takes a bit longer.

I also use a snouter(rip saw) and give the sharp edges a rub with sand paper.

M

mikethetile

invest in a door trimmer

saves cutting around architrave too

just whip 8mm of the bottom and slip your tile underneath

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hand saw then electric planer for me.

F

faithhealer

Went to an unrelated job last week and the customer asked if I could ease the door as it was catching on his newly fitted carpet. A bit of sandpaper might do it he said!!!
One handsaw, ten minutes and 5mm later, perfect. Lazy carpet fitters!

A

albyshellshear

only one door i would use a hand saw and electric plane if it was a few then i would consider circular saw

S

Sean fsy

totally depends on the door material, would like to see you cut a solid oak door with a hand saw, plus theres no way on this earth you can cut with a hand saw say if theres less than 4/5mm to take off. like i say depends on door material and the amount of material to be removed.

D

diamondtiling

totally depends on the door material, would like to see you cut a solid oak door with a hand saw, plus theres no way on this earth you can cut with a hand saw say if theres less than 4/5mm to take off. like i say depends on door material and the amount of material to be removed.

So how did they cut oak doors before electric tools? :20: :smilewinkgrin:

I have trimmed fire doors with a hand saw no problem and the odd oak door over the last 20 years with no problems at all. :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

So how did they cut oak doors before electric tools? :20: :smilewinkgrin:

I have trimmed fire doors with a hand saw no problem and the odd oak door over the last 20 years with no problems at all. :thumbsup:

Totally agree Dom, and if we are talking 4 - 5mm then whats wrong with a good hand plane....most people struggle because the plane is no good. AS said it was all done before power tools came along. If i were doing a number of doors then ok for power tools but one or two doors and nothing wrong with a hand job.:oops:.....ermmmm you know what i mean :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Advice in triming doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen