Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Adhesive for steel plate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

afright

TF
Reaction score
Just need a little bit of advice,I am tiling a balcony(280 m2)of a large seafront bar,the first phase is nearly complete, the screeders will be starting to screed the second phase tomorrow and there is a height issue at the point where there is two flights of stairs leading from the garden area,these stairs are made of steel,and because of the height the owner has now decided to tile them,I have tiled to steel plate before using an epoxy adhesive this was many years ago and I think the epoxy was made by Ardex,I would like a bit of info on what products would be ideal for this situation or is it a bad idea,have tried to talk him out of it but with no success.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Well did not get any replys to this ,I have talked to my local CTD rep and he as said that fast flex would be ok, not a lover of the stuff but if thats what I have to use then so be it.

A

aphilp

I would ring Ardex Technical Deparment as they are always extremely helpful

Best Wishes

Anne

afright

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for info Anne I was thinking of contacting Ardex ,Lee I have never used Tilemaster so could you give me a little more info ,is Ultimate an epoxy,fastflex or an spf ?.

Last edited:
P

Perry

bal told me to use balflex about 20 years ago I presume things haven't changed. mind you it been 15 years since i read there tec sheets.

J

J Sid

I am petty sure that one of the weber adhesives with there primer was ok,
Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Adhesive for steel plate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks