Search the forum,

Discuss adhesive for insualtion boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hayden Goy

Hello all,

i have purchased some underfloor heating insulation boards spec below:

PropertiesStandardUnitDataDensityEN 1602Kg/m²38Thermal conductivity, 90 days, 10°CISO 8301W/mK0.027Compressive strength at 10% deflection or yield, (vertical)EN 826kPa350Compressive modulusEN 826kN/m²12-20,000Tensile strengthEN 1607kPa500Tensile modulusEN 1607kPa12-20,000Shear strengthEN 1209kPa250Shear modulusEN 1209kPa8,000Design compressive stress, <2% compressionEN 1606kN/m²110Water vapour resistivityEN 12086(Uu)- value100-160Water absorption by immersion (28 days, full boards)DIN 53434Vol-%0.5Capillarity-nilnilCoefficient of linear thermal expansionBS 3837: Method 13mm/mK0.07Temperature limits-°C-50/+75Fire classificationBs 3837:
Pt2: 1990--Edge profile--buttSurface finish--planed

whats the best tile adhesive? i've got at the moment WEBER.SET RAPID SPF i've put some on the boards to try first to ensure its ok but not sure as its been on about 3 hours but it lift of quiet easy do i need to leave it for long to dry?

I purchased the boards of ebay
Insulation for underfloor heating 10 Pack 10mm on eBay (end time 08-Sep-09 13:56:26 BST)

but i know little about adhesive and the best to use. also i'm looking some adhesive to sick these boards down with onto woodern floors, i got with it GRANFIX ACRYLIC bonding & priming agent but dont know what this is for?

Is this a primer for sealer for concrete?
thanks all

D

DHTiling

The primer is to seal the boards....personally i don't like that type of board..i prefer the cement faced ones..

But anyway the sealer is for the boards...or the addy will just pull away..:thumbsup:

H

Hayden Goy

The primer is to seal the boards....personally i don't like that type of board..i prefer the cement faced ones..

But anyway the sealer is for the boards...or the addy will just pull away..:thumbsup:

do you normally leave it to dry or tile direct onto it?

D

diamondtiling

Hi Hayden, I know granfix products, on the bottle there are instructions to follow, if you read these and follow them I am sure you will be ok, however I agree with Dave regarding your choice of boards, the cement faced ones are superior if more costly

:thumbsup:

H

Hayden Goy

Hi Hayden, I know granfix products, on the bottle there are instructions to follow, if you read these and follow them I am sure you will be ok, however I agree with Dave regarding your choice of boards, the cement faced ones are superior if more costly

it does not say to leave it to dry or use wet that why I am asking

H

Hayden Goy

Allow it to dry

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

didn't know if anybody would reply to ive done a test tile with some old tiles i have and used a paint brush but its still not dry after 30-40 mins can i pre-prime a day before tiling? what would you recommend?

H

Hayden Goy

didn't know if anybody would reply to ive done a test tile with some old tiles i have and used a paint brush but its still not dry after 30-40 mins can i pre-prime a day before tiling? what would you recommend?

D

diamondtiling

Hayden, your rapid set should be able to take light traffic after a couple of hours, I don't know weber products, is it flexible, have you diluted the primer? Are you confident of being able to do this job? you will get a lot of help from the forum but it will come down to you doing the work

H

Hayden Goy

Hayden, your rapid set should be able to take light traffic after a couple of hours, I don't know weber products, is it flexible, have you diluted the primer? Are you confident of being able to do this job? you will get a lot of help from the forum but it will come down to you doing the work

Hi chap im not doing the work my uncle is as he can tile, this is just new to me and him really and want to make sure that we are crosing the t's. the adhesive is fexiable and sticks to the tile like **** and just wanted to make sure we are doing it correct chap. I have diluted the primer as per instustions on the bottle 1 to 3. I'm going to leave it to dry and do another test to make sure every thing is ok. Should i be able to lift the tile off easy at the end of this or sould there be some fight for its life?

D

diamondtiling

Hi chappie,
Your tile should be stuck and fighting you like John Wayne on steroids not to come up.
:smilewinkgrin:

H

Hayden Goy

I have just found the primer for the warm-up wire underfloor heating should I use this? Is this better than the graphix stuff?.

D

diamondtiling

It will do the job matey, It might pong a bit though, the yellow stuff stinks

H

Hayden Goy

super job fella tried it last night a stick to the boards loads better and yep it smells lol. whats the best adhesive to stick the boards down to my wooden floor chap? i've used evo flooring adhesive before and seems to be ok.

Reply to adhesive for insualtion boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

adhesive for insualtion boards > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss adhesive for insualtion boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hayden Goy

Hello all,

i have purchased some underfloor heating insulation boards spec below:

PropertiesStandardUnitDataDensityEN 1602Kg/m²38Thermal conductivity, 90 days, 10°CISO 8301W/mK0.027Compressive strength at 10% deflection or yield, (vertical)EN 826kPa350Compressive modulusEN 826kN/m²12-20,000Tensile strengthEN 1607kPa500Tensile modulusEN 1607kPa12-20,000Shear strengthEN 1209kPa250Shear modulusEN 1209kPa8,000Design compressive stress, <2% compressionEN 1606kN/m²110Water vapour resistivityEN 12086(Uu)- value100-160Water absorption by immersion (28 days, full boards)DIN 53434Vol-%0.5Capillarity-nilnilCoefficient of linear thermal expansionBS 3837: Method 13mm/mK0.07Temperature limits-°C-50/+75Fire classificationBs 3837:
Pt2: 1990--Edge profile--buttSurface finish--planed

whats the best tile adhesive? i've got at the moment WEBER.SET RAPID SPF i've put some on the boards to try first to ensure its ok but not sure as its been on about 3 hours but it lift of quiet easy do i need to leave it for long to dry?

I purchased the boards of ebay
Insulation for underfloor heating 10 Pack 10mm on eBay (end time 08-Sep-09 13:56:26 BST)

but i know little about adhesive and the best to use. also i'm looking some adhesive to sick these boards down with onto woodern floors, i got with it GRANFIX ACRYLIC bonding & priming agent but dont know what this is for?

Is this a primer for sealer for concrete?
thanks all

D

DHTiling

H

Hayden Goy

do you normally leave it to dry or tile direct onto it?

D

diamondtiling

H

Hayden Goy

it does not say to leave it to dry or use wet that why I am asking

H

Hayden Goy

Allow it to dry

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

H

Hayden Goy

D

diamondtiling

H

Hayden Goy

Hi chap im not doing the work my uncle is as he can tile, this is just new to me and him really and want to make sure that we are crosing the t's. the adhesive is fexiable and sticks to the tile like **** and just wanted to make sure we are doing it correct chap. I have diluted the primer as per instustions on the bottle 1 to 3. I'm going to leave it to dry and do another test to make sure every thing is ok. Should i be able to lift the tile off easy at the end of this or sould there be some fight for its life?

D

diamondtiling

Hi chappie,
Your tile should be stuck and fighting you like John Wayne on steroids not to come up.
:smilewinkgrin:

H

Hayden Goy

I have just found the primer for the warm-up wire underfloor heating should I use this? Is this better than the graphix stuff?.

D

diamondtiling

H

Hayden Goy

super job fella tried it last night a stick to the boards loads better and yep it smells lol. whats the best adhesive to stick the boards down to my wooden floor chap? i've used evo flooring adhesive before and seems to be ok.

Reply to adhesive for insualtion boards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen