Search the forum,

Discuss 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Got a site meeting next week where the installation of a 200sqm floor will be discussed.

There are a handful of smaller rooms involved on the periphery, but the main area is basically T shaped. The bottom of the T is the entrance hall at around 26sqm, which opens up on the top line of the T as a rectangular room of around 80sqm.

This is a sand and cement screeded floor over water piped UFH.

The builder says no expansion joints are required and the screeder says no decoupling is required either.

I obviously have my own thoughts on the matter, but I wondered what the consensus was on here
how long has the screed been down
+

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
Screed is only just in, but the tiling is circa 6/8 weeks off and yes, the heating will be commissioned

Reaction score
ok, so similar situation i found myself involved in.

270m2 ground floor house. anhydrite screed. few cracks appearing now in screed as UFH has been turned on (even thou the laitance hasn't been took off yet, thats another story)

tiles being used are 22.5x85 wood planks.

having just costed the expansion strips and matting, customer isnt happy with extra costs......

so what to do? No decoupler and use expansion strips? Or decouple and no expansion strips?

Reply to 200sqm floor, prep discussion in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen